County Age Grade teams – U18 Boys, U18 & U15 Girls
This Sunday Oct 29th sees our U18 Boys start their County Programme at the Durham Festival at Darlington Mowden Park and our U 18 & U15 Girls at Winnington Park against Lancashire. For a full list of fixtures click on the link.
After a hard fought game by Cheshire they lost to Staffordshire 29-12 at Crewe and Nantwich.
Photos of the game can be seen on the following link, courtesy of James Brewerton
The names listed below will represent Cheshire under 16’s against Staffordshire under 16’s on Sunday 19th February at Crewe & Nantwich Rugby Club (CW5 7EP). The kick-off is at 2.00pm players will meet at the venue 12.45am. DRESS CODE: Arrive in tracksuits, No.1’s after the games. NO JEANS. IF YOU ARE UNAVAILABLE PLEASE TELEPHONE OR TEXT BRENDAN BAILEY IMMEDIATELY ON 07982-255-742
May I take this opportunity to thank all the players involved for their commitment and hard work this season, also a very special mention to all the parents for their support and time they have given to Cheshire under 16’s, many thanks from all the Coaches and Admin Staff.
- James Bebbington / Sandbach H.S.
- Marcus Pyle / Bramhall H.S.
- Dan Carroll / Wirral G.S.
- Tom Lockwood / Wirral G.S.
- Harry Harding / Fallibroome H.S.
- Matt Crawshaw / Wilmslow H.S.
- James Oliver / Wilmslow H.S.
- Teddy Taylor / Bishop Heber H.S.
- Joe Corkish Castle Rushen H.S. (I.o.M.)
10 Will Nicholson Altrincham G.S.
11. Joe Morrow St Mary’s C.H.S.
12. James Malloy Manchester G.S.
13. Harry Oliver Wilmslow H.S.
14. Rhys Spencer-Price St. Thomas More H.S.
15. Toby Moule Kings School, Macclesfield.
16. Ethan Binns (2) / Lymm H.S.
17. Jack Christopher-Jones (2,6,7) / Calday Grange G.S
18. Josh Lyne (1,3,6,7) / Calday Grange G.S.
19. George Hyde (3,1) / Weaverham H.S.
20. Zak Ball (4,5,6,7,8) / Manchester G.S.
21. Max Thompson (Lock) / St. Anselm’s College
22. Will Fosbrook (13) / Kings School, Macclesfield.
23. Harvey Hemming (12,13,W) / Hartford H.S.
24. Harry Ratcliffe (1,3) / Lymm H.S.
Printable version of the above, click on the link – Cheshire -V- Staffs 19th Feb docx
Lancashire ‘B’ U16’s Nil – 38 Cheshire ‘B’ Under 16’s
Lancashire ‘A’ U16’s 29 – 31 Cheshire ‘A’ Under 16’s.
At the end of the ‘A’ team game the winning team Cheshire ‘A’ was presented with a trophy. The trophy is known as the Vin Hughes Memorial Trophy and will be played for each year between Lancashire and Cheshire U 16’s. The Trophy was presented by Mrs Hughes whose husband was a dedicated coach at this age group for Lancashire RFU.
Please click below for the Team sheet.
Lancs v Ches 5th Feb 2017(2)