SANDBACH 26 v MACCLESFIELD 31
ALTRINCHAM KERSAL 29 v CREWE & NANTWICH 31
BIRKENHEAD PARK 36 v NEW BRIGHTON 0
SOUTHERN NOMADS 3 v DUKINFIELD 20
HOYLAKE 26 v PORT SUNLIGHT 11
HELSBY 0 v ELLESMERE PORT 34
OXTON PARKONIANS 19 v OLDERSHAW 33
Dear Mini and Junior Chairperson, Young Rugby Ambassador, Club Sec.
We would like to invite you and your club to one of the following meetings in Cheshire regarding the World Rugby U20 championships, happening in Manchester in June 2016. These will be the first of several events to try and raise awareness and put clubs in the best possible position to make the most of this fantastic event – The bulk of the evening will be delivered by Barry Ahearne, England Rugby’s event marketing manager.
Wilmslow RUFC – 10th November, 6.30-8.30pm (Food @ 6.30pm)
Wirral RFC – 11th November, 6.30-8.30pm (Food @ 6.30pm)
Aims of the evening:
- Make all clubs aware of the upcoming World Rugby U20’s championship.
- Recent England history
- Making stars of the future
- RFU’s Marketing strategy – club role and resources
- Teams and team base opportunities
- Examine local opportunities for clubs
- Community engagement (education and corporate opportunities)
- Local club involvement (Volunteering, touch rugby, days out)
- Promotion of local clubs and of the wider game – how should we do this?
- Coaching Master classes
- Schools events
- Club/team visits
- Lessons learned from community engagement programmes before/during
- What worked well? – Local models of good practice
- What could be done better/differently?
- What should be repeated?
- Future community engagement around the U20’s Championships
- How can we support you? Marketing, Financial, other collateral…
We would really like all clubs to be represented at one of the meetings – If possible, we feel that the Mini and Junior Chair or representative may be the best person but we would like to see representation from across the club where possible. We would also like you to bring a couple of young people from your clubs (16+) to help us shape our offer around this key market. Longer term we’d hope that these young people would help you to organise and deliver events etc. for their peers at your clubs around the U20’s championships.
Please feel free to forward this invite onto the rest of your club. To confirm your attendance then please reply on the email below. Please feel free to give me a call if you require any further information.
Cheshire Rugby Development Officer
Printable copy of the above – World rugby U20’s championships – meeting invite
The new season 2015/16 will soon be upon us and there are will be many more great games waiting to be played and watched.
If you would like to become an Individual member of Cheshire RFU, giving you free entry to the County games and the Cheshire, Cup, Plate, Vase, Bowl and Veterans Finals then please complete the application form below and send it along with payment to the address on the form. As a fully paid up member you will also be able to apply for International tickets through the County.
Membership Fee: Annual £15.00
Life Member: £120
(Please note that Subs must be paid by the end of August)
Forthcoming Fixtures & Events
Cheshire U20's v Northumberland
Wirral RFC, Bebington, Cheshire
|Cheshire XV v Eastern Counties|
|Cheshire XV v Yorkshire|
|Cheshire XV v Lancashire|