Apologies for the delay in posting details for the Cheshire Junior Cup – this was due to delays in obtaining the information from the RFU regarding the new ‘Half Game’ rule (see other post).
Cheshire has conferred with Clubs and taken the changes to Junior Rugby into consideration. Cheshire have decided that the U12s, U13s and U14s age groups should be run as Kids First Festivals – with the county being split between two clusters (initially East-West). Details to follow shortly.
The U15s-U18s will remain as knockout competitions, with Cup, Bowl, Plate, Shield, etc., as normal. Clubs will be asked for entries very shortly, but the rules will need to be reviewed and updated in light of the changes. In particular, clubs will no longer be restricted to selecting only 22 players in a game day squad – but all player selected must be given the opportunity to play 50% of the available playing time in accordance with the Half Game rule.
U12s Kids First Festivals to be held on Sunday 22nd September 2019 and Sunday 26th April 2020.
U13s Kids First Festivals to be held on Sunday 29th September 2019 and Sunday 3rd May 2020.
U14s Kids First Festivals to be held on Sunday 17th November 2019 (TBC) and (TBC).
U15s-U16s Junior Cup Dates:
- Prelim round Sunday 29th September 2019
- First round Sunday 17th November 2019
- Plate Prelim round Sunday 26th January 2020
- Quarter final round Sunday 9th February 2020
- Semi-final round Sunday 15th March 2020
- Finals Day Sunday 3rd May 2020
- First round Sunday 29th September 2019
- Quarter final round Sunday 10th November 2020
- Semi-final round Sunday 16th February 2020
- Finals Day U17s 29th March 2020, U18s Sunday 26th April 2020