- England Counties U20 beat Holland A 36-8
- Counties score five tries in impressive performance
- Click here to read the story on EnglandRugby.com
England Counties U20 began their tour of the Netherlands with a 36-8 win over Holland A at the National Stadium in Amsterdam.
A physical Holland side put pressure on the visitors early on but England’s defence held firm and they took a 3-0 after 10 minutes with a penalty from Fraser Honey.
The hosts soon levelled the score before Counties began to assert control over the game. After 20 minutes Nick Ashcroft scored an impressive try after multiple phases which Honey converted.
Winger Charlie Venebales and scrum-half Josh Nott then dotted down soon after with Honey slotting both conversions to make it 24-3 at half time.
England began the second half with all the momentum and scored early on through Ollie Burgess who pounced on an error from the hosts to dive over from two metres out. The conversion was missed making it 29-3.
And the scored stayed that way for most of the second half with both sides showing their defensive strength.
But England were able to extend their lead when Connor Wilkinson got on the end of another error to touch down under the posts which was once again converted.
Holland were able to grab a late consolation try to make it 36-8 at the final whistle in what proved to be a good test for England Counties ahead of a match against a Holland side featuring the majority of the senior team in Watergaareden in North Holland this Saturday, 2.30pm kick off.
England Counties U20
- Seb Brownhill (Bishop’s Stortford/Hertfordshire)
- Chris Taylor (Preston GrassHoppers/Cheshire)
- Karl Garside (Old Albanians/Herfordshire)
- Cameron Gray (Coventry/Warwickshire)
- Nick Ashcroft (Fylde/Lancashire)
- Seb Cecil (University of Nottingham and Nottingham Academy/East Midlands)
- Bailey (Bournemouth/Loughborough and Dorset & Wiltshire)
- Sam Hudson (Otley and Loughborough University/Yorkshire)
- Josh Nott (Broadstreet and Nottingham Academy/Warwickshire)
- Fraser Honey (Cornish All Blacks/Cornwall)
- Tom Carleton (Fylde and Manchester Met/Lancashire)
- Connor Wilkinson (Fylde and Manchester Met/Lancashire)
- Ollie Burgess (Old Albanians/East Midlands)
- Charlie Venables (Leeds Beckett/Cheshire)
- Tobias Robinson (St Austell/Cornwall)
- John Whittaker (Sandbach/Cheshire)
- Griffi Whitson (Reading University/Berkshire)
- William Dennis (Harrogate/Yorkshire)
- Tui Uru (Ipswich/Eastern Counties)
- Rob Fogerty(Brighton Blues/Sussex)
- Matt Bendin (Hertfordshire)
- Will Luxford (Old Elthamians/Kent)