Venue:- Sandal Rugby Club
Date:- Sunday 1st November 2015
Yorkshire 20pts Cheshire 29pts

It was a beautiful sunny afternoon at Sandal Rugby Club, Cheshire kicked off going up the slope.  Yorkshire received and immediately put a kick down field into the Cheshire 22.  Yorkshire gained possession from the resulting line-out thereby pressurizing the Cheshire defense.  Cheshire battled well to regain the ball but after 11 minutes into the game Yorkshire stormed into the corner for the first try, this was unconverted. 5pts to nil.

From the re-start Yorkshire came back at Cheshire once again.  Cheshire somewhat disorientated and struggling to gain continuity of game conceded another try 4 minutes after Yorkshire had scored their first.  This time Yorkshire converted through Tom Stevenson, 12pts to nil.  20 minutes into the game Cheshire were awarded a penalty which was converted by Jack Pritchard.  This came after a short period of sustained pressure. 12pts-3pts

Playing down the slope Yorkshire continued to put Cheshire under pressure.  A scrum was awarded to Yorkshire on the Cheshire 22m line mid-field after a knock –on.  From the scrum a penalty was awarded against Cheshire prop for boring-in.  This was converted bring the score to 15pts to 3pts.  Cheshire fought back well before the half time whistle blew.  From a line-out on the Cheshire 10m line Yorkshire were driven back to their 22.  Cheshire were on the ascendancy and again a determined driving maul took Cheshire over the line only to be disallowed and deemed held-up by the referee.  Half-time Yorkshire 15pts, Cheshire 3pts.

The Cheshire starting line-up sustained a considerable amount of pressure in the first half and made Yorkshire fight for every ball.  The Cheshire forwards had worked very hard during the first half of this extremely competitive game.  Cheshire brought in the changes after the half-time break starting with Tom Walsh at 9 and Cameron Redpath at 10.  Cheshire were determined to open up the game and from the start of the second half Yorkshire were under scrutiny.  It didn’t take long before Matthew Bate went over in the corner for a try with Cameron Redpath converting. 15pts to 10pts in Yorkshire’s favour.

Cheshire made more changes bringing on Niall Cooney, Saad Khalil, Sam Gregory, and Joe Murphy.  With fresh legs and renewed vigour, Cheshire continued to pressure Yorkshire.  Fifteen minutes into the half Yorkshire were camped on the Cheshire 22m line when Cameron Redpath ceased on a loose ball to run the length of the pitch to score and convert the try.  15pts to 17pts to Cheshire.  Yorkshire did not lie down they came back and were awarded a penalty which they converted 20pts to 17pts to Yorkshire.  Fifteen minutes from time Harry Craven came in a scrum half with Tom Walsh moving to full back.  The game at this stage was at boiled point, Craven hit the ground running and his contribution and performance maintained the teams continuity.

With only 10 minutes to go Cheshire fought back and showed their character, a quick free kick caught Yorkshire unawares and Cheshire went in the corner for a try 22pts to 20pts in Cheshire’s favour.  Yorkshire immediately responded as expected and Cheshire were once again under immense pressure with only minutes to go.  A loose ball secured by Joe Murphy turned to Cheshire’s advantage Murphy sprinted 40 metres from his own 22 to reverse the play.  Cheshire now pressurizing Yorkshire were awarded a penalty which was taken quickly by Tom Walsh who danced through the Yorkshire defense to score under the posts.  Final score Yorkshire 20pts, Cheshire 29pts.  Well done to all the Squad and Coaches for a memorable fabulous performance