Community engagement/Fanzone Opportunities
How you can you embed your rugby club firmly into the local community and attract new members.
Cheshire RFU and RFU Cheshire Development team would like to invite you to the 2nd Rugby World Cup Workshop. The meetings will be arranged in clusters across the county – We’d like for your club to attend the most local if possible:
- Wirral RUFC – 16th February, 7.00 – 9.00 pm
- Wilmslow RUFC – 23rd February, 7.00 – 9.00 pm
- Sandbach RUFC – 2nd MARCH, 7.00 – 9.00 pm
At the meetings we hope to:
- Examine various community engagement and fanzone opportunities for
clubs within the county – before, during and after the Rugby World cup.
- Co-ordinate needs analysis for each club.
- Demonstrate how to develop/strengthen relationships with the local
- Pull together robust individual club plans – from the mini and juniors up
to the senior section.
- Help you to source volunteers from within your club to help make plans a
There will be a buffet served at 7pm and we aim to get started for 7.15pm and away for 9pm at the latest.
These initial cluster meetings are aimed at all those with your club with a development role or interest in getting involved:
- RWC Club Champions
- Club Chairman, Secretary, M&J Chair, Colts Managers, Volunteer
Coordinators, Club Safeguarding Officers, Team Managers
- Young Rugby Ambassadors
We suggest that each club brings several members with them to help discussions and pull together a really robust club plan.
If you would like to attend then please confirm to Jane Cliff directly to me. If you have any questions before hand then please get in touch.
The RWC is less than 12 months away – Do not let your club be left behind!
PLEASE CONFIRM NOW
Printable version – RWC Workshop 2 invitation